Sales and marketing alignment should be one of your organization’s top priorities. These two teams may not always agree, but they need to work toward common goals. In fact, when both departments communicate effectively, they can generate more leads and increase revenue.
Still not convinced? Check out these 20 sales and marketing statistics:
Sales and Marketing Alignment Statistics
- Organizations with tightly aligned sales and marketing functions enjoy 36% higher customer retention rates (source).
- Aligning sales and marketing also leads to 38% higher sales win rates (source).
- Sales and marketing alignment can help your company become 67% better at closing deals (source).
- Aligning both departments can help generate 209% more revenue from marketing (source).
- B2B organizations with tightly aligned sales and marketing operations achieve 24% faster three-year revenue growth and 27% faster three-year profit growth (source).
- Companies with strong sales and marketing alignment achieve a 20% annual growth rate (source).
- Companies with poor sales and marketing alignment have a 4% revenue decline (source)
- Only 8% of companies have strong alignment between their sales and marketing departments (source).
- 46% of marketers with mature lead management processes have sales teams that follow up on more than 75% of marketing-generated leads (source).
- 76% of content marketers forget sales enablement (source).
- 79% of marketing leads never convert into sales. This is often due to a lack of lead nurturing (source).
- 65% of sales reps say they can’t find content to send to prospects (source).
- 60-70% of B2B content created is never used. In many cases, this is because the topic is irrelevant to the buyer audience (source).
- 47% larger purchases result from nurtured leads than non-nurtured leads (source).
- B2B companies’ inability to align sales and marketing teams around the right processes and technologies costs 10% or more of revenue per year (source).
- Companies with “dynamic, adaptable sales and marketing processes” report an average of 10% more sales people on-quota compared to other companies (source).
- 61% of B2B marketers send all leads directly to sales, but only 27% of those leads will be qualified (source).
- Just 56% of B2B organizations verify valid business leads before they are passed to sales (source).
- 50% of sales time is wasted on unproductive prospecting (source).
- Sales reps ignore 50% of marketing leads (source).
Sales and Marketing Statistics- Key Takeaways.
As the leading business information company, ZoomInfo can help you improve your sales and marketing alignment. Get the information you need to identify your buyer personas, improve lead scoring, and reach decision makers faster. Contact us today!
Originally published by ZoomInfo on May 5, 2015.