It’s hard to believe the year is almost over and 2015 is right around the corner. At this point in the year, smart marketers know that in order to stay ahead of the competition they must be aware of the anticipated B2B marketing trends for 2015 and adjust their strategies accordingly.
Here are three B2B marketing trends to look out for in 2015!
1. Data segmentation and targeted campaigns.
The year 2014 was all about identifying your buyer personas. If you want to get the full value from your buyer personas, you’re going to need to focus your 2015 content strategy on segmenting your data and creating targeted marketing nurture campaigns.
Hitting prospects with personalized content depending on where they are in the sales funnel will lead to increased revenue. In fact, recent studies show that buyers are more likely to take action when they receive highly targeted messages:
- Leads who are nurtured with targeted content produce a 20% increase in sales opportunities (source)
- 96% of B2B marketers say segmentation is the most valuable method for improving conversion rates (source)
- Personalized emails improve click-through rates (CTRs) by 14% and conversion rates by 10% (source)
If you haven’t identified your buyer personas yet, check out this helpful buyer persona guide.
2. Increased email budgets
According to the 2015 Marketing Trends Survey, 54% of marketers expect to see an increase in their email budgets versus 46% last year, and that a third of them predict increases of 10% or more.
Additionally, a recent study by Campaigner reported that more than 60% of executives said email marketing is the highest ROI producer. For email to continue to work effectively, marketers will have to dig deeper into their data.
Insight into your data will give you the opportunity to take a more personalized approach to your content and build better relationships with leads. A targeted and personalized approach will improve the buyer experience, resulting in more leads and a shorter sales cycle.
3. “Smarketing” (sales and marketing alignment)
Sales and marketing alignment is something we hear about a lot. But it’s not something to ignore. The need for increased sales and marketing alignment is essential as we move into 2015.
According to SiriusDecisions, B2B organizations with tightly aligned sales and marketing operations achieved 24% faster revenue growth and 27% faster profit growth over a three year period. Additional research shows that:
- When sales and marketing teams are in sync, companies became 67% better at closing deals (source)
- 95% of buyers chose a solution that “provided them with ample content to help navigate through each stage of the buyer process” (source)
- Organizations with tightly aligned sales and marketing functions enjoyed 36% higher customer retention rates (source)
- The alignment of sales and marketing impacts revenue growth up to 3 times (source)
How are you planning to stay ahead of the competition in 2015? ZoomInfo can help! Contact us today to learn how you can leverage our contact database to run targeted campaigns based on your buyer personas.