“There’s not enough time…I’m too busy.” Sound familiar? Time management is often difficult for B2B sales reps. In a typical day, sales people have to divide their time between emails, administrative work, aligning with marketing, researching leads, and of course, making phone calls. However, there’s no need to feel overwhelmed.
- Schedule your day ahead of time – Did you know that 80% of the average salesperson’s day is spent on non-revenue-generating activities? (source: TeleSmart.com). If you want to increase productivity, it helps to start the day knowing exactly what tasks you want to accomplish in the next eight hours, and how much time you need to dedicate to each one. Try to stay organized and set realistic goals.
- Don’t procrastinate or multitask – This might seem obvious, but it’s arguably one of the most important time management tips on this list. Focus on one task at a time, and don’t avoid doing something, just because it’s unpleasant.
- Research your leads before reaching out – It might seem beneficial to call as many people as possible, but if you’re not prepared, you’re most likely wasting their time – and yours. Before you pick up the phone, consider your buyer personas. How is this contact similar to your best customers?
- Structure your day by time zone – Where are your best customers located, and when are they most likely to pick up the phone? If you know the answer to this question, it’ll be easier to reach similar decision makers the first time around.
- Use email and phone templates – In order to save time, it can be helpful to have a sales script, as well as copies of past emails ready to go. However, keep in mind that every lead is unique. Make sure that you’ve done your research, and can personalize your communication as needed.
For more time management tips, download our whitepaper, “5 Ways to Increase Sales Team Productivity.”
ZoomInfo can help your sales team be more productive! With access to detailed profiles of business professionals and companies, your sales reps will have accurate contact and background information at their fingertips. Contact ZoomInfo to find out how to reach leads faster and shorten the sales cycle today.