Data decay happens naturally because of how often people change jobs or titles, companies go out of business, and mergers occur. Because of this, many organizations are working with a B2B database that is cluttered with outdated, invalid, or incomplete contacts. Dirty data impacts all areas of an organization, including marketing, lead generation, customer relationships, and finance.
Don’t Let Dirty Data Ruin Your B2B Business Database
The experts at ZoomInfo put together an infographic outlining data decay’s costly impact. Here are some statistics for you to pay attention to:
- 62% of organizations rely on marketing and prospect data that’s up to 40% inaccurate
- Up to 25% of B2B database contacts contain critical errors
- 40% of business objectives fail due to inaccurate data
- 1-10-100 rule: It costs $1 to verify a record as it’s entered, $10 to scrub and cleanse it later, and $100 if nothing is done
Learn more about data decay and its impact on your B2B business database:
ZoomInfo can help you turn your rotten apples into apple pie! We’ll eliminate obsolete records, update missing fields, check email validity, and append your B2B data with information such as industry, company revenue and size, title, job function, management level, and much more. Contact ZoomInfo today for more information!
Or, check out another infographic!
- A B2B Marketing Thanksgiving [Infographic]
- A B2B Sales Thanksgiving [Infographic]
- Catch Them If You Can: Passive Candidates Edition [Infographic]
- Shorten Your Forms to Improve Your Inbound Marketing [Infographic]
- Executive Recruiting Tips: Recruit Like a Shark [Infographic]
- 7 Things Financial Advisors Need to Know [Infographic]
- Buyer Personas: The Missing Piece to Your Lead Generation Puzzle [Infographic]
- The Marketer’s Guide to B2B Blogging Success [Infographic]
- 4 B2B Marketing Automation Problems [Infographic]
Host infographic on your site for free!
This post was originally published by ZoomInfo on June 10, 2014.