In today’s marketing landscape, personalization has quickly become the gold standard—and for good reason! In this content-saturated marketplace, personalized marketing is the only way for companies to stand apart from the competition.
Luckily, as technology advances, it’s easier for marketers to personalize their efforts.
Today, we show you 26 personalization statistics:
Your prospects and customers want personalized content.
1. Over 78% of consumers will only engage offers if they have been personalized to their previous engagements with the brand (source).
2. 75% of consumers are more likely to buy from a retailer that recognizes them by name, recommends options based on past purchases, OR knows their purchase history (source).
3. 81% of consumers want brands to get to know them and understand when to approach them and when not to (source).
4. 87% of consumers surveyed say that personally relevant branded content positively influences how they feel about a brand (source).
5. 63% of respondents are highly annoyed by the way brands continue to rely on the old-fashioned strategy of blasting generic ad messages repeatedly (source).
6. 63% of consumers said they’d think more positively of a brand if it gave them content that was more valuable, interesting or relevant (source).
7. 59% of customers say that personalization influences their shopping decision (source).
8. 77% of consumers have chosen, recommended, or paid more for a brand that provides a personalized service or experience (source).
The impact of website personalization.
9. 74% of customers feel frustrated when website content is not personalized (source).
10. Personalized home page promotions influenced 85% of consumers to buy while personalized shopping cart recommendations influenced 92% of shoppers online (source).
11. In-house marketers who are personalizing their Web experiences and who are able to quantify the improvement see, on average, a 19% uplift in sales (source).
The impact of personalized email campaigns.
12. Emails with personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened (source).
13. The open rate for emails with a personalized message was 17.6%, compared to 11.4% without personalization (source).
14. Emails that included the first name of the recipient in their subject line had higher click-through rates than emails that did not (source).
15. The ability to segment email lists and individualize email campaign messaging are the most effective personalization tactics for 51% and 50% of marketing influencers respectively (source).
16. Personalized emails deliver six times higher transaction rates, but 70% of brands fail to use them (source).
Marketers see the importance of personalization, but still struggle to implement it.
17. When asked to prioritize one capability that will be most important to marketing in the future, one-third of marketers answered: “personalization.” (source)
18. 83% of marketers say creating personalized content is their biggest challenge (source).
19. Only 39% of retailers send personalized product recommendations via email (source).
20. Less than 10% of tier 1 retailers believe they are highly effective at personalization, and nearly one-third report having limited or no capability to support personalization efforts (source).
21. The biggest challenges with personalization are gaining insight quickly enough (40%), having enough data (39%), and inaccurate data (38%) (source).
22. 60% of marketers struggle to personalize content in real time, yet 77% believe real-time personalization is crucial (source).
23. 94% of customer insights and marketing professionals across multiple industries said personalization is “important,” “very important,” or “extremely important” for meeting their current marketing objectives (source).
24. For 66% of marketers, one of the big struggles with personalization is securing internal resources to execute personalized marketing programs (source).
The benefits of successful personalized marketing.
25. 79% of organizations that exceeded revenue goals have a documented personalization strategy (source).
26. Smart personalization engines used to recognize customer intent will enable digital businesses to increase their profits by up to 15% (source).
It’s pretty clear that the era of one-size-fits-all marketing is long gone. Your customers appreciate feeling like individuals, rather than just another name on a list somewhere. Treat them as such.
For more information about B2B content marketing, check out the following blog post: How to Create Content that Matters.